Tuesday, March 22, 2011

mock trial

1. The date rape trial I was a member of the Jury. I thought it was and wasn't date rape. I thought that there was doubt that he did do it, but at the same point the girl said no and he kept going. I voted that it was rape but it was a land slide. There was a lot of reasonable doubt, but I still think that when a gril says NO you stop. I was an attorney in the other case for sexual harassment. I did the opening statement and was 1 of the witnesses. From what I read i believed my case won by a long shot. It was about a man who clearly harrassed the plantiff who I was defending. It wasn't about proving the man was guilty it was proving the company was guilty. I think our team could've done better but we still I believe had a better case to win. I disagreed with the verdict in our case just because it was so blatent of sexual harassment. The head boss ,who warned the man who was sexually harassing the woman, made no difference. The company policy was corrupt and didn't help the victim.
2. I don't think date rape is that big of an issue at deerfield high school at the moment, but in general it has grown. I think date rape is in different terms though now. If we are talking about girls hooking up with dudes because both parties are drunk, i don't know if that should be considered date rape. But it happens I think guys hook up with drunk girls, and girls hook up wit drunk guys and people just laugh about it later. As for sexual harrassment, I think it's a big thing. People say a lot of things they shouldn't say to girls, even I do, but i think girls don't take it that personally. Also I feel sometimes 1 person isn't offended but somebody else is. I think both need to get payed attention more but if the victims don't come forward it won't do any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment