Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Final Review: The Rose that Grew From Concrete

The Rose that Grew From Concrete, was one of the best books I ever read. It helped that one of my favorite music artists, Tupac, was the author. It was cool looking at issues in Modern America, that we see on a daily basis. For instance one of the biggest issues in America today is Abortion. Tears of a Teenage Mother is a prime example of why some people approve of abortion. But Tupac puts in real discriptive how life is in poverty. Living in the North Shore I don't really ever see that kind of living. I never thought about having heros letting us down, and how they act , therefore our way of responding. And  that is an issue. If all rappers want to do drugs what do you think the want to be rappers, or kids who look up to them are going to do. Or a baseball player, wants to be like Barry Bonds, they might take steroroids. So that is an issue in daily life that i never payed much attention to. Finally, my favorite poem the last on gave me hope to be 1 with people rather than hate, and that's why I think Tupac's writing is so personal and passionate. I'm gald i read this book, and it taught me a lot about myself, and brought me to see some issues that I need to express to people.

Share the Love
Arthur

1 comment:

  1. Arthur. It was interesting for me to read this. When looking at Tupac, while hew was talented in his career, it didn't seem to me like he would have the maturity and outlook to write about an issue such as poverty. At the same time, I admire how he was able to step back, and possibly remeber the hard times from which he came, telling the story of a first-hand account of poverty. I always prefer to read stories that come from a real source.

    ReplyDelete