Monday, January 10, 2011

The rose that grew from Concrete 1

"Tears of a Teenage Mother"

This chapter stuck with me hard. When I read this poem all that came to my mind was abortion. The mom has a miserable life, and those things that a mom goes through are real in this poem, and where should people have to suffer. It made me even more pro-choice. The last phrase is "u ask for money for the baby" "the daddy just ran out the door" This stood out to me the most because if a dad didn't pay for the kid then the baby would suffer tremendously. So if that life isn't what the mom needs and fersure what the baby needs, why should they suffer. But I mean the thing is if we had pro-choice it could be either way, they don't always kill the baby. I think what tupac is saying, is he's pointing out realities in our country of poverty with teenage mothers. Its something that needs to be pointed out because some girls, don't have the strength to get welfare, and thats sad they have to suffer. I feel like this is a subject the government should look into because its sad about poverty levels and those things. I'm glad that i read that because I always overlook that and maybe sometime I will write a congressman or woman for them to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment